Quest Overseas prides itself on having the highest standards, not only with the quality of our projects and expeditions, but equally with the safety, backup and professionalism with which we prepare and support our operations.
- Quest Overseas is British Standard BS 8848 compliant and was one of the first organisations to achieve this status, in 2009 after peer assessment by an independent body.
“We declare that the operating procedures and controls that govern overseas ventures provided by Quest Overseas conform with British Standard 8848 (specification for the provision of visits, fieldwork, expeditions and adventurous activities outside the United Kingdom).”
Endorsed by The Young Explorers Trust (click here to see a guide to British Standard 8848)
- All project and expedition locations have been visited and inspected personally by Quest Overseas directors, and are regularly visited by Quest staff to ensure risk assessments, sustainability and local relationships are maintained to the highest level.
- Expedition routes are annually reviewed by senior operations staff, as well as constantly being updated by expedition leaders.
- Quest Overseas is an Associate Corporate Member of the Royal Geographical Society.
- Our overseas leaders are vetted thoroughly and are leaders in their field. They have extensive knowledge and experience of the countries and activities our trips involve. They are carefully selected and undertake training both in the UK and overseas. This is to ensure we have the highest quality of leaders, with regard to their knowledge, enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Our medical back up is second to none, with Dr Jon Dallimore of Wilderness Medical Training operating as our primary consultant, advising on all participants’ medical information, as well as being on call for any incident during a project or expedition. Further to this, our network of doctors and private clinics on the ground ensures we have the best medical support realistically possible at all times.
- Quest Overseas has a long standing relationship with insurance brokers Campbell Irvine, and together we have developed a specific policy for participants to be completely covered for all activities whilst on our projects and expeditions.
- Our operations and risk assessments abide 100% by Foreign Office advice, as well as taking into account local information from our extensive network of contacts on the ground.
- We are on call in the 24 hours a day, 7 days a week whilst participants are overseas, so can be contacted any time of the day or night.
- Quest Overseas complies with UK Tour Operator regulations, where companies are required to keep students’ funds in reserve until their trip actually takes place.