10. Gaffa tape; if you have a problem gaffa tape is usually the answer, from torn tents to leaking water bottles it does it all.
9. Para cord; ideal for hanging mosquito nets or used as a washing line.
8. Zip lock bags; for putting random stuff in, and preventing sun tan cream exploding onto everything you own.
7. Flip flops; stylish, comfortable and light enough to carry anywhere.
6. Strong chilli sauce; makes anything edible.
5. Padlock; many hostels have lockers for your valuables, one with a code means you don’t have to worry about losing your key.
4. Deck of cards; hours of entertainment.
3. Needle and thread; for the inevitable crotch hole.
2. Anti-bacterial hand wash; 99.9% clean hands anywhere.
1. Tea bags; for when you really, really fancy a taste of home.